Herbal Teas for Optimal Health
When you are searching for a replacement for your sugary and high-carb sodas or coffee, why not choose one that is not only flavorful but also good for you? This is where herbal teas come in. Herbal tea is made from the flowers and/or leaves of various plants. While there are many teas to choose from, some of them, like the ones below, tend to have more healing properties than others.
The first type of healing tea you should consider drinking for health benefits is ginseng tea. Ginseng is a type of herb that grows as a perennial plant. While it is often found as a supplement you can take as needed, you can also get it in herb form. In this form, you can make tea from it, or you can purchase ginseng tea bags.
Health Benefits of Ginseng Tea
There are many ways ginseng can help to heal your body, from menstrual issues to helping with cancer and low blood pressure. Here are some different ways ginseng is an excellent healing herb:
- Lower Your Blood Pressure – If you struggle with high blood pressure, diet and exercise is often recommended. However, another good option is to drink ginseng every day. It not only naturally lowers your blood pressure but increases your energy so you can get that much-needed exercise.
- Help Fight Obesity – Obesity is something many people struggle with and have difficulty managing it. If you want to lose some weight, you can get a jump on shedding the pounds with a little ginseng tea every day. It provides a natural appetite suppressant, reducing how much you eat overall and battling those cravings.
- Reduce Menstrual Issues – Ginseng has also been known to provide a cooling effect in the body. Among the different aches and pains, it can help with, ginseng is an excellent herbal tea to turn to when you deal with a lot of painful menstrual cramps. It can also handle other side effects, like lessening your menstrual headaches.
- Stimulate Your Brain – Another health benefit to drinking ginseng tea is the fact that it stimulates your brain cells. This allows you to improve your cognitive abilities, including having better concentration and focus, and improving your memory as well.
- Provide Anti-Cancer Properties – Ginseng surprisingly has anti-cancer properties, so the more you drink it, the less your risk for developing cancer. Many other herbal teas can provide anti-cancer benefits as well.
Turmeric is one of the hottest trends right now in the natural health and general health niches. So many people are looking for ways to be healthier, and turmeric is a great option. This is a type of spice, commonly used in curry recipes, that can help with disease and overall health. Look at how it can benefit you.
Health Benefits of Turmeric tea
- The Tea Fights Inflammation – Inflammation is something many people struggle with, especially those who have conditions like arthritis. With arthritis, you likely have inflamed joints that swell and cause quite a bit of pain. Turmeric tea has natural anti-inflammatory properties, so it can help reduce inflammation and help with arthritis and other conditions like muscle pain and gout.
- It Helps with Digestive Issues – Your digestive system and gastrointestinal system can also benefit from drinking more turmeric tea. This herb is amazing for your stomach, so just about everything along your digestive tract is going to be improved. Try to aim for 2-3 cups of this tea a day if you suffer from stomach pain, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, or diarrhea.
- You Can Improve Your Cardiovascular Health – Who doesn’t want to improve their cardiovascular health. One of the top health benefits for turmeric tea and why it is often considered a healing tea is that it can help to improve your cardiovascular health. This means heart health, as it can lower your cholesterol and blood pressure. By doing this, you can naturally reduce your risk of heart disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Turmeric Helps with Detoxing the Body – Also consider the fact that turmeric tea can help to detox your body by cleansing your system. This is excellent for your liver and kidneys by reducing the levels of toxicity. A few cups of turmeric tea each day is all you need to use it for detoxing purposes.
If you have ever had a tummy ache, you have probably had Ginger Ale to help soothe it. In fact, nausea, vomiting, and digestive issues are often the reason people will turn to ginger. However, in addition to drinking Ginger Ale, you can also make some healthy ginger tea.
Ginger originally comes from China as a flowering plant, though this herb is often grown in other countries around the world. You can grow it in your backyard or find ginger root at the store if you want to make the tea that way. An easier option is to get ground ginger and add it to your own tea bag or tea ball for the freshest taste. Here are some health benefits of drinking ginger tea:
Health Benefits of Ginger Tea
- Treats Nausea – Ginger is one of the most natural remedies for nausea. It is safe to have when you are pregnant, which means you can drink ginger tea while you are pregnant. This is great news since many Western medicines are not allowed during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. It can also ease a sore stomach from an illness like the cold or flu, or after eating something that bothered your stomach.
- Helps with Digestion – Not only does ginger tea help with nausea, but also with other sources of indigestion. Perhaps you have chronic indigestion from the foods you eat, have heartburn and acid reflux, or have bowel movement issues. All of this can be helped with some ginger tea.
- Helps Treat Your Arthritis – Ginger tea naturally has anti-inflammatory properties, like many other herbal teas on this list. With this health benefit, you get a lot of help for your arthritis. Try to drink a couple of cups a day of ginger tea and follow your doctor’s other recommendations to help with your arthritis pain and swelling.
- Eases Muscle Pain – If you have muscle pain, you can relieve it naturally with ginger tea. This allows you to avoid those harsh over-the-counter or prescription pain medications, many of which are highly addictive. You can drink some ginger tea to reduce muscle pain thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties in this herb.
- Reduces the Risk of Heart Disease – Heart disease is a risk for many older adults, but especially those with high blood pressure. This puts you at a much higher risk but can be helped with some ginger tea. Ginger tea has also shown to be effective at reducing cholesterol and reducing your risk for developing diabetes.
Chamomile tea is probably one of the most recognizable herbal teas. It tastes delicious, is easy to flavor with honey and other additives, and is easy to come by. The reason people like chamomile tea is not just convenience though, but because of all its health benefits. It comes from an herb called chamomile, which is a type of flowering plant.
The great thing about chamomile tea is that it is so versatile. You can enjoy it as hot or cold tea, with spices like cinnamon or turmeric, flavored with lemon, or with milk and sugar. Look at the many health benefits of drinking chamomile herbal tea.
Healing Benefits of Chamomile Tea
- It Provides Migraine Relief – One of the lesser known health benefits of chamomile tea is that it can help with headache and migraine pain. This is especially useful when you get chronic migraines, as it often requires prescription medications. By drinking chamomile tea to ease the pain, you have an effective remedy that is good for you and prevents you from being addicted to pain killers. Plus, you will save money by drinking the tea. Try to drink the tea when you first notice your migraine symptoms as opposed to when you already have a full-blown migraine.
- You Can Get Better Sleep – If you have trouble sleeping, one of the best things you can do is drink a cup of chamomile tea shortly before you go to bed. Chamomile naturally has properties that can relax you and soothe your mind and body. Suddenly you have less stress and anxiety, which also helps you to sleep better. Try having a chamomile tea after a hot bath and you will be out in minutes. If you don’t like the taste of straight chamomile, try having it with some honey or sugar.
- Treatments for Stomach Cramps – Stomach cramps happen for a variety of reasons, from indigestion problems and eating the wrong thing, to having menstrual cramps. If you struggle with chronic stomach cramps, then chamomile herbal tea is a great herbal tea to drink. It will settle your stomach and help to ease the pain, especially with cramps related to your menstrual period.
- Helps with Allergies – Finally, you can drink more chamomile tea and get help with your allergies. It has many healing properties that are very effective at reducing allergies and side effects from seasonal allergies. Drinking 2-3 cups of chamomile tea a day is the best way to get allergy or asthma help from this type of herbal tea.
LEMON BALM TEA
You might also want to try drinking a cup of lemon balm tea. Lemon is not only refreshing, but lemon balm tea can help in a wide range of other ways. This herbal tea is made from the lemon balm plant, using the flowers for the tea leaves. If you are a gardener, you can grow the plant in your backyard and make it directly from the flowers, or you can get lemon balm leaves or tea bags already prepared for you.
Lemon balm tea is a good tea to have early in the morning when you need a little pick-me-up, or as something to simply detox and refresh your body. Here are some other health benefits of drinking lemon balm tea.
Health Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea
- It Helps with Insomnia – Like many herbal teas, lemon balm tea can be helpful if you have trouble sleeping. This is for a variety of reasons, but often because of how well it can calm your mind and body (more on this below). Lemon balm tea also helps with some muscle cramps and emotional stress, which can also contribute to your sleeping problems.
- You Can Relax Your Mind – As mentioned in the previous section, lemon balm also helps to relax and calm down your mind. Perhaps you have a lot of work or financial stress, are overwhelmed by all your responsibilities at home, or are dealing with a major decision and having difficulty with it. You can drink some lemon balm tea and feel more at peace, which helps you to de-stress and sleep a little better.
- The Tea Makes You More Alert – Not only does lemon balm tea help with insomnia, but it can also work the other way and make you more alert. When you drink it in the morning, it can boost your energy and make it easier to concentrate.
- You Can Get Skin Benefits – Believe it or not, lemon balm tea is also great for your skin! It has often been used for skin purposes, from anti aging, to having youthful and glowing skin. If you are struggling with early signs of aging, try drinking more lemon balm tea to smooth out those wrinkles and prevent more from forming prematurely. The lemon balm can also help to soften your skin and work to reduce blemishes.
- Some other herbal teas to try for healing purposes include peppermint, oolong, black, green, and dandelion tea.
If you are looking for more tips and support, join me on my group page, The Village – A Natural HEALing Community, to get tons of information and tips to help you take your HEALTHY EATING and ACTIVE LIVING to the next level.
HEAL GOOD. FEEL GOOD. DO GOOD.